Sunday, April 26, 2009

Facial Massage, Facialbuilding/Exercises and Stopping Headaches in their Tracks

Last night I was massaging my face with a level of aggression that I had recently shown an uninitiated FlexEffecting friend and she started laughing. I think it was nervous laughter. The kind that goes with "I thought you weren't supposed to even touch your face." Granted she's known me for a while, as well about FlexEffect, and has put in her..."HELP ME" Call. She sees me, and knows intuitively there is nothing to be worried about.

As most know, I was raised in the world of FlexEffect. I never worry about handling my face. It's absolutely normal to me.

Something else occurred to me just the other evening. HEADACHES! I wonder if any chronic headache sufferers, especially those that suffer tension headaches, ever give a thought to the false notion that massage of the face is bad? The reason I ask, and perhaps this is what has aided my own education, is that I have suffered SEVERE tension headaches in my life. They can be blinding... They can last for hours. You will do just about anything to relieve the pain. And I do! I massage with such an aggressive hand that would most certainly frighten anyone that believes that the face is like wet tissue, waiting to tear at any moment... Or that such pressure would ruin the face, and cause some sort of obvious aging in a few short days or even minutes.

I have literally sat in a dark room for well over an hour just massaging my face as deeply as possible.

It actually wasn't until we were in the middle of rewriting the latest FlexEffect Book that I had one doozy of a headache. It was about 1 in the morning. The house was silent. It was like a construction site within my skull. The pounding was unbearable. I sat up and started with ScalpFlex... and then a massage with all the strength and pressure I could muster... the forehead, the eyes, my cheeks, jaw, neck (front and back), chest, as much of my shoulders as I could reach. As the pain started to flow away, it occurred to me. NO WONDER! How could I fear massage. It has already saved me from excruciating pain without ever causing one bit of negative result with regard to my appearance. And I wonder, those of you afraid to touch your face... Are you also lucky enough to hardly ever suffer a serious headache? Perhaps you haven't had any other mind numbing causes to try it. NOW I'm jealous!

I recommend talking to the Headache sufferers in your life. See what they have to say.

Flex ON!